Thursday, April 1, 2010

Days 4 & 5

So Jason "suggested" I write the latest update covering our last two days.

We had Yoga X yesterday and today we had the double session of Legs & Back followed by the horrendous Ab Ripper X. I say horrendous because although it is only 16 minutes, it is arguably the hardest ab workout I've ever done, including the various sessions with my personal trainer at the gym and all those Tae Bo tapes years ago!

So far the yoga session is my favorite, if I can go so far as to say that any of them are favorites! I've had very limited exposure to yoga, and Jason has had none, so the balance moves are bit beyond our level of expertise. I kept glancing over at Jason to make sure that I was in the more flexible position. I figured since he will certainly be the superstar in the pull-ups and squats department, I can at least feel good knowing he's nowhere near as flexible as I am. In reality, neither one of us looked nearly as graceful and peaceful as the perfect dopes on the screen. Still, we were both able to work up a good sweat and completed a majority of the moves.

After completing the chest and back session the first day, I felt like I pretty much knew what was coming today with the legs and back session. Hundreds of pull-ups with your hands in every grip position imaginable, and hundreds of squats and lunges. We also did 4 different types of calf raises. I didn't know there was more than 1 or 2.

Concerning the diet, my pizza craving kicked in yesterday just before lunch time. As Jason eluded to previously, I hadn't seen any changes on the scale. Finally today I have lost one whole pound! If I sound excited, don't worry I'm not. I wouldn't want to endure the workouts or the diet independently for one measly pound, much less in concert with one another! So even though I was ready to call it quits, Jason and I struggled through yesterday and kept to the plan stuffing in the last ounce of protein. Today was our self-proclaimed cheat day. We knew pizza was actually on the menu for dinner so we swore to be as good as possible all day in preparation for our splurge. When Jason left to get the Barro's pizza, I was fantasizing about eating 6 slices. I'm happy to report that I only had 2, Jason had 4 and we have several pieces left over! I'm sticking to my irrational belief that I will weigh 8 pounds less tomorrow despite having pizza for dinner.

So we've nearly made it through one whole week and we're continuing to chug along. I'm anxious to re-visit all of these workouts next week to see if we perform better!

No comments:

Post a Comment