Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 1 Concludes

Goals Update: After 7 days I'm down 3 pounds and am definitely feeling tighter everywhere. My watch is sliding all over my wrist to the point I think I'll need a link taken out. My stomach looks better as well - but there's still a way to go there. My posture is better and I feel more flexible. Amiee is down 2 pounds and is very sore, which leads her to believe that "something" is happening - she's just not certain what and still wants a Krisy Kreme lemon-filled donut.

Day 6:
The diet still sucks, but I will admit that when it's over I'll have much better eating habits moving forward - so that'll be good in the long run. Amiee is not as enthusiastic about the discovery, but I think she agrees at some level. I did make it through my first lunch out on Day 6 - I met some friends at TGI Friday's. Here's my order - "I'll take the chicken fajitas, but I don't need the tortillas, beans, rice, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, or pico de gallo. Just give me a big pile of chicken, peppers and onions." Yes, I had for the moment transformed into one of "those" people!

The workout for day 6 was Kenpo Karate. Of all of the workouts so far, I think this was definitely the most fun and the least challenging. And, it was unlike anything I'd ever done before so that was good for my body. Amiee says it's the same as Taebo but I never did that so I have no basis for comparison. It's essentially an hour of kick and punch combinations.

Because the Kenpo workout makes you use both of your arms & legs it definitely reveals which is your dominant side (and obviously, which is the weaker). I'll put it this way - if I were to get into a fight and could only use my left arm and leg, any one of those kids from The Sandlot could kick my ass, including either the fat kid and the little dude with the glasses...

Day 7: On day 7 you can either recover or do the stretch DVD. I had every intention of doing the stretch DVD but the day got away from us. As a consolation we saw Hot Tub Time Machine and that was way better than I'm sure the stretch DVD is - no offense to Tony Horton.


No comments:

Post a Comment