Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day One: Chest and Back, and Abs

So we just finished the first workout - Chest and Back, and Ab Ripper X. Chest and Back was about an hour, and Ab Ripper is 16 minutes. I'm not sure what I want to do first - throw-up or pass out! Maybe I'll do both and I don't even care if it's at the same time (after all I think I did that in college a time or two).

I made it through Chest and Back ok - if you can keep up with the idiots on the screen you'll probably do about 400 push-ups and 200 pull-ups during the video. I think I did about half. I had to substitute resistance band moves in place of some of the pull-ups as I wasn't able to keep up. I can do a few sets of 8 or so, but the variety of hand/grip positions and the constant moving was brutal to keep up with so I bailed and went to the bands a couple of times. Amiee started and successfully finished with the bands - we'll incorporate more pull-ups as we move along.

I didn't make it more than 10 minutes into it before I started mocking the guy on the video, and I was swearing at him several minutes after that. Death threats eventually ensued at about the 25 minute mark. Overall it was very tough - but we knew it would be.

Ab Ripper was much harder for me - I kept up for the first 2 minutes but after that I couldn't even put my body in the beginning pose for most of the moves. Amiee did much better on that one. I'm going to have to figure something out because I'm pretty sure that lying flat on your back while panting and swearing at the TV because you can't do the moves doesn't burn all that many calories.

After the workout we enjoyed the "delicious" post-workout drink that was included in the program. We couldn't decide if it tasted more like powdered baby aspirin or the remnants of a warm, melted creamsicle. It was certainly drinkable, and perhaps it will grow on us...

Tomorrow is plyometrics - yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment