Sunday, May 9, 2010

Phase I Completed

Last week we successfully put the first ~30 day phase of P90X behind us. At the conclusion of Phase I, both Amiee and I are down 5-6 pounds, and we've each lost 1-2 inches off of our waists. I've also added an inch to my biceps - that's all we've measured, though I bet if we were to measure all muscle groups we'd see results in all areas.

So the conclusion is that we've definitely redistributed our weight and we're changing our shapes. Even though Amiee has lost only 5-6 pounds to this point, it looks like she's lost more like 10-15 because of the transformation in shape. My back has gotten a lot tighter as well giving me a much better "V" shape from my waist up to my shoulders.

The workouts continue to be hard - but we are getting through them. We're both making a concerned effort to eat healthier without being on a diet, and for the most part that's been working although this past week we've run into a number of things that have kept us too busy to plan properly for meals (e.g. track meets) and so we've had to hit some fast food here & there - I really feel it now when I eat poorly.

So heading into Phase 2 I would recommend P90X to anyone as a quality program. Certainly challenging, but worth it if you stick it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment